Summer HoursThe City of Dallas strives to provide excellent customer service for permit holders by having a welcoming, pleasant, and fair workplace. We have hired a full time building inspector and are operating at full capacity an d have caught up on plan review and are accepting inspections at the hours listed below.
Our usual office hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Important Notice for Contractors
The City of Dallas Building Department is Now Using the State of Oregon ePermitting system.
- Pull Permits
- Schedule Inspection
- Track Permit Process
Reasons To Obtain Permits
- Inspections - Performed by certified inspectors
- Peace of Mind - Knowing the job was done right
- Safety - For your family and home
- Sets Consistent Standards - Ensures safe construction standards
- Value - Protects your biggest investment
Design StandardsCurrent design standards are as follows:
- Ultimate Design Wind Speed: 120 mph (Risk Category II)
- Seismic Design Category: D1
- Snow Load: 25 psf
- Frost Depth 12 inches
- Soil Classification: Geotechnical Report is required to determine soil conditions
Adopted CodesCurrent adopted codes are as follows:
- Residential Code: 2017 Oregon Residential Specialty Code
- Building Code: 2014 Oregon Structural Specialty Code
- Mechanical Code: 2014 Oregon Mechanical Specialty Code
- Plumbing Code: 2017 State of Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code
- Fire Code: 2014 Oregon Fire Code
- Electric Code: Provided by Polk County Building Department 503.623.9237
To talk to staff during business hours please call the Planning & Building Department at 503.831.3571.