The Dallas Police Department's, Animal Control, has collaborated with Finding Rover. Finding Rover is a FREE service that uses Pet Facial Recognition to help reunite lost dogs and cats with their families. As part of this effort, every dog that leaves our care will already be pre-registered in the Finding Rover database. The pet’s record can be automatically transferred to another Finding Rover account, once the person who has taken the pet home registers with the email address that we have on file. If that dog ever gets lost in the future, using the Finding Rover Facial Recognition technology will make bringing that pet back home easier. Now, you might be asking yourself, ‘why should I use this service?’ Here are some reasons why:
1. It’s easy. Anyone with a smart phone or computer can upload a lost or found dog or cat instantly
2. It’s FREE
3. It’s not just for dogs. Dogs aren’t the only pets that get out. Finding Rover is optimized to work for our feline friends as well.
4. Our goal is to keep pets safe and reunite them with owner as quickly as possible. Having Finding Rover as a resource does just that.
We highly encourage everyone to register with a personal Finding Rover account by downloading the app or going to www.FindingRover.com, today! It just takes a minute to help your pet come home faster!
1. Upload a face-forward photo of your pet
2. Enter a few main details about your pet
3. Enter your name, email address and zip code